Tuesday, July 5, 2005

More Importantly, Drink My Coffee

Did you have a nice long weekend? We did! It was really nice. Not too crazy, not too boring. Just a right mix.

Mom came up Saturday evening and we went to Applebees for dinner. Then we hit Meijer since we had less than one roll of toilet paper in our entire house. So we got a few things, got spoiled by Grandma a bit and headed home. We played outside until it was Andrew's bedtime, then mom and I just vegged.

Sunday, we played hooky from church (*sssshhhhhhhhh*) and just had a really nice day. We got up and played outside, and in the pool and took a walk and put Andrew's new wagon together and finally got his tricycle put together. When the guys came home, Kari and Andy came over and we all had a nice roast for dinner. We played outside until Andrew's bedtime then we broke out the poker chips and mom took us all to town.

Monday was more of the same...playing outside, playing inside, eating, etc.. However, toward the end of the day, some neighbors were lighting little firecrackers in the street. Andrew was terrified. Each time one would pop, he would stop playing, get this horrid look on his face, run over to Marc or I, and start crying until we pick him up. Then he would put his head on our shoulders and wrap his arms and legs around up and grib tight. Poor thing. I felt bad for him, but it was also nice that he was cuddly since this kid usually slows down for nothing but cheese.

Today was CRAZINESS!! Like I mentioned before, I was covering for the busy office this morning, by myself, after a long weekend. It was nuts. It would have been a super busy crazy day for the regular girl, let alone this newbie. I think I managed it ok and don't think I ticked off too many people too bad. :) But it seriously was so busy I didn't have a chance to stop and think, or more importantly, drink my coffee. I was exhausted by 1:00 when the regular girl came back. Then I had to eat in my car and head over the other hospital for my 'real' job. Which was also busy - due to the long weekend.

So needless to say, I pretty much just played this evening and didn't do too much. Marc grilled hambergers, so Andrew and I played outside. He had trouble going to bed tonight (might have been the fireworks still going on). So once we got him down (the first time), we sat out on our deck with rootbeer floats. They didn't last long, but it was nice still. Then it was time to get to work. We got Andrew down again (I think for the last time), cleaned up the house and got everything ready for tomorrow. So now I am blogging and Marc is playing PSII and talking on the phone to his folks. Now you are up to date on our lives. Not real exciting and if you have made it this far....I'm sorry there was nothing too earth shaking for you to read. Maybe next time.

Well, I need to shower and hit the hay. Have a nice night and don't forget to comment on the video below.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...