Monday, March 7, 2005

K is for Kooking

Wow - today was a super busy day. I started when Andrew and I went to Aldi's and Meijer after breakfast to get groceries. We got home and Andrew took a nice nap while I put groceries away, made myself a pot of coffee since I spilled my travel mug in the truck this morning and had to use Andrew's blanket to clean it up (forgive me, kid), shredded-divided-froze chicken that I had cooking in the crockpot all night, froze the broth in yogurt containers, made two egg strata cassaroles for the freezer minus the egg/milk topping, made lunch of tuna fish sandwiches and green beans, cleaned and got the coffee pot all ready for tommorrow and totally cleaned the kitchen...all before he woke up. Well, maybe not totally by the time he woke up, but at least by the time he was finished with his tuna and beans...which he made a MESS with! Oh, FYI - those mats that are made to go under highchairs to catch tuna projectiles are NOT made to go into the washing machine. It ate it, shredded it, mauled it...however you want to put it...it's a mess. Thankfully, we have Rocky.

By then I was ready to get off my feet. So I jumped online for a minute, but the phone kept ringing. Although one call was a friend and I got to chat with her for a while, while chasing around my toddler - did I just call him that? - who was getting into EVERYTHING!!! Cornstarch, Karo Syrup, Carbon Monocide detector, Playstation (that he already broke and let's just say it's a good thing his daddy loves him so much), bowls, oven mitts, instant coffee, muffin pans, guestbook, remote, cell phone, etc... And I am not exaggerating. I was literally walking behind him, distracting him as I took the prohibitted item and tried to make the nearest acceptable item seem intriguing. Y'know, at one time, we had the floor fairly baby proofed...but he keeps finding new ways to get into new things. One a good note, he was once again, a very pleasant boy today. Very silly, full of smiles and laughs. In fact I think he smiled at every person in the stores this morning who happen to catch his eye...which of course, automatically make people stop and chat with him for a minute. Maybe he'll be president someday.

Anyway, then I continued to play with Andrew and work around the house and did more laundry - I hate laundry. Marc got home and I threw some ingredients in the breadmaker and made dinner. We had bacon cheeseburgers, spinach salad, an orange and grapes. Andrew was actually napping through dinner, so it was kinda nice to just eat all by ourselves. (Although Marc has this new fishing idea in his head and it's taken over. That and some deal the Vikings might be doing. I swear, trying to get any other thought out of him is rough). Andrew did wake up and have dinner shortly after we finished though it was during a riveting game of "shake-your-head-'no'-so-fast-you-get-dizzy-while-laughing-the-whole-time". Kinda made it tough for Marc to feed him carrots, when his mouth is whizzing back and forth. Once dinner was cleaned up, I made some Tapoica pudding for Andrew (ok....for me, too). Then we all just hung out for a while until Andrew's bedtime.

Then I worked on more laundry, folding, putting clothes away, taking dirties to the basement etc... until about 10:30. Ahhhhh...I am done for the night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...