Friday, October 27, 2006

We're Baaa-aaack

Finally! Not that we weren’t gone off doing fun things... but for a while at least, we are home. Now the next big, and I mean big, challenge is getting our home back into a state of blessing instead of a state of chaos. And since we've been gone all this month... this will in fact be a big job... but I mentioned that already.

We got home Wednesday night from being with my folks. Andrew got spoiled and AJ got catered to and I didn't fair too bad either. We had Bible Study yesterday morning (where Andrew's separation anxiety was in full force) which was unbelievable (Fiery Furnace Story in Daniel) and incredibly timely - like the lesson foreshadowed what was, unbeknown to me, to come later in my day – my own mini furnace. God is good and grace was given. Anyway – later we hit the library so Andrew could play with the train set and I could find cow books for next week when we start Andrew’s home lessons. Week One’s Theme – Cows.

Marc got home last night from his Chicago trip and was greeted at the front door by a dog. A dumb adorable golden retriever. This stupid dog got loose from its owners (still was dragging it's chain). I win it over so I can read its tags since it is obviously someone’s pet (well cared for, friendly, obedient, etc..) What do you know... he (or she) has no tags. And now it won't leave our front step. Darn it. Still there as we were getting ready to go to bed last night, so we at least gave him an old Rocky pillow to help keep him (or her) a bit warmer. And that dumb dog was STILL there this morning!! Augh! I don't want to be responsible for this dog. Just GO HOME! I don't even have anything to feed it.

Well, now today I am home and not working (out of the home). I know this is technically my 5th day of not working(out of the home), but since we’ve been gone and yesterday was busy, today is the first one that feels like it. Well, not really… it just feels like a Saturday. I bet it will hit me more next week.

Well, I know that I haven’t posted much and you all are just thirsting for exciting quips about our extremely interesting lives, but I must keep this short. Both boys are currently sleeping (insert angelic music here) and I have a giant to-do list. And you never know how long this blissfulness will last. I will try to do better posting. Have a great Friday (I know how important those Friday’s are to you working folk).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...