Friday, June 15, 2007

Mission Chick

AUGH! I am not a usual collector of much of anything - and I still wouldn't consider myself one. However, when we started potty training - we started getting Andrew the CARS MOVIE cars. We have a nice little collection of them, however not all of them by any means. But one that Andrew would really like is the Chick Hicks car. He's even been saving his own money. So whenever we are out and about... Walmart, Target, KB Toys etc... we check to see if Chick is there. There is every other car, but Chick. So now, it's almost become a mission... FIND CHICK! I've done some searching online and apparently, I am not the only one. Why Chick among all the cars has become the hot item, I have no idea. So, today - we were out and about - so we hit Toys R Us. Andrew has a birthday gift card there and we went looking for Chick. Of course, no dice... but we had to get SnotRod. The checkout lady was so kind to Andrew and let him check out all by himself and only talked to him regarding his purchase and even helped him swipe his card and hit the right buttons. He felt very grown up buying SnotRod. Anyway, afterward, I asked the lady about Chick and she said there are a group a guys who know when the new shipments come in and wait at the doors for the store to open, so they can go immediately through them. My goodness. All for a little green car.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...