Thursday, July 19, 2007

Back atcha, Mom.

Often times with an inquisitive three year old, we hear the question "why" literally hundreds of times a day (no exaggeration). We do our best to answer each question however, sometimes we resort to the simple end-all be-all answer, "Because God made it/us that way."

Yesterday, on the way to Target, we were listening to the radio when "Days of Elijah" (by Twila Paris) came on. I start singing at the top of my lungs, arms in the air (yet still being a cautious driver), giving it all I got. Andrew then asks me to stop singing. Somewhat hurt, I ask why? He doesn't really give an answer, just again asked me to stop singing. I explain that I am praising Jesus and that I like to sing. Then I ask again, "So why do you want me to stop singing?"

I just get a serious look and, "Because that's the way God made us."

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...