Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Labor Day

Well, it's little late, but I've finally found time for a short update about our weekend. It was a really nice.

It started out Friday, when I met my friend Becky and her lovely kiddos and we went to the Meijer Gardens. We had a great time. I had never really been there as a visitor (only as a bridesmaid, a luncheon guest, volunteer, etc...) and I was impressed. I will definitely be looking into a membership next year.


The best part was these splash pools in the shape of the Great Lakes. By the time the kiddos were done playing they were thoroughly soaked. Andrew and Sebastian were hatching game plans.


Boys behind bars - Andrew, Sebastian, Isaac and AJ (Meagan was back there somewhere, too).





Friday night, we headed to my aunt's where we met my dad. Saturday, Marc fished while the boys and I headed to Toledo with my aunt in the morning. In the afternoon we hit my cousin's little birthday party before the boys and myself along with dad headed down to my parents for a retirement party for my dad. Friday was his last day of gainful employment. Congrats, dad!

Sunday, we hit my parent's church, lunch, then headed back up to my aunts again. We just hung out the rest of day. Monday we took the all the kids to the Butterfly House. They seemed to enjoy it, however the helicopter taking off and landing nearby was much more exciting. After lunch, we packed up and headed home.





Gotta love three day weekends.

1 comment:

Rebecca H. said...

i am just now downloading my meijer garden pics from my camera - a little behind aren't i?

i want to know how you put a PB slide show in the middle of your text - i haven't figured that out.

HAPPY RETIREMENT DOUG (or Paul I guess everyone else calls you! Love ya!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...