Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Book Report: The Hunger Games

I stayed up way past my bedtime last night finishing The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, recommended to me by Amie .
Once I got into it, I couldn't put it down. Seriously. It was really good. Sort of "Lord of the Flies-esque", but don't let that scare you away. It was horrifying at times and yet gripping... that is... until I got to the end and it just stopped. Practically mid-thought.
How dare she?
I went to bed very angry at Ms. Suzanne. There is so much more of the story that needs to be told!! So I jump online today and realized that it is the first of a series. Phew. That's good news. The bad news is that the second book won't be released until September. I hate reading series like this. I would much rather wait until they are all out and read them back to back.
So, I may wait until the entire series is released in who-knows-how-many years and then re-read The Hunger Games all over before starting the rest. Then again... I might just be impatient and read it in September because.... I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!
Thanks a lot, Amie. (No, I mean it... seriously... thanks for the recommendation. I really did enjoy it.)

1 comment:

Amie said...

I felt the same way at the end, I didn't know it was going to be a series.

Glad you liked it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...