Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Clothesline Towels Smell the Best

Updated: It's 9am Wednesday morning and it's raining. So much for the grand warm weather plans. Guess today will be errand/grocery shopping/library day. And I guess I have to use our dryer.
~~~~~~~
It's only Tuesday, but already things have slowed down a bit around here this week and for that I am thankful. I even have been able to hang the last 6 out of 8 loads of laundry. I can't tell you how good clothesline hung laundry smells. It's worth a little stiffness in the towels any day!
We had a nice weekend working our tails off Friday night & Saturday to get our whole house & yard company-ready for a large BBQ gathering here in the evening. The weather cooperated and we were all up way past our bedtimes. We did make it to church on Sunday, but then napped most of the afternoon.
I babysat both Monday and today, but the weather has been nice and that makes everything so much better with four young boys (even four young cranky boys). My boys and me have Wednesday through Friday free!! We will have to run a few errands & do some grocery shopping in there, but for the first time in quite a while, we have a chunk of free time. I am hoping to do some fun stuff with the boys during those days.
Now, I know that for the boys, every day is like a vacation... but compared to last summer, I feel like this one has been much more busy and less vacation/summer-break like. I'm really not complaining, as the summer has been just fine and the busy stuff has been mostly good stuff. However, with Andrew going into Kindergarten this fall... I really feel like I need to take advantage of this summer. Leaving the house with 2-4 boys at 7:15-7:30 AM everyday is going to get old fast when September rolls around. I know that there are always things that need to be done, but these warm fun months won't last long.
Wow - that was a little unexpected side tangent.
So anyway, with our house currently clean due to the BBQ, I am praying that I can maintain it so the rest of the week we can focus more on enjoying all that the warm weather has to offer. Maybe pool, maybe Gardens, maybe Splash Park, maybe picnic with friends, etc.... You get the idea. That's the plan at least. Who knows how it will play out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...