Monday, January 25, 2010

Need something light to read now.

I just finished House by Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti. And I'm shocked that I even finished it. Not by lack of quality in the writing, but more because it's a horror movie in written form. Seriously. And I don't do horror movies.
Had this been a movie (it actually might be, I thought I caught that somewhere), I don't think I could have even watched the previews. But does it really surprise you coming from Dekker and Peretti? Yikes.
It did keep me reading and made me want to finish to see how to ends. I had to keep trying to get my head around the idea of a Christian fiction book with so many evil, scary elements included.
I know there are s.c.a.r.y elements to the spiritual world. I mean, that's where "scary" started, right? But reading about it.... phew... not again for a while.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...