Friday, January 7, 2011

Book Report: Playing Catchup

It's been WAY too long since I posted, I know.  I've heard from you.  And while I know MOST you really only miss getting updates on those beautiful boys of mine, some of you actually want to know what I've been up to.  More specifically what I've been reading. 

Okay, not some of you.... one of you.  You know who you are.

Since I haven't done a book report in a while, I'll start off my new resolve to blog better with a Book Report Catch Up Post.

 

What can say... another great series by Beverly Lewis. 
You really can't go wrong, right?

I know not everyone agrees with me, but I LOVED this series!  This is the 3rd book in the Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games book.  Violent, yes, but very thought provoking with great characters.  My only wish, is that I would have waited until all three books came out and I would have read them back to back rather than to read them as they came out.   The big gaps in time sometimes left minor details fuzzy.  I hate fuzzy details.  But the books were good enough that I want to reread them anyway.

This one surprised me.  I love reading Mr. Grisham... but I knew this wasn't his normal lawyer-y book.  I only picked it up because it had been sitting on my shelf for way too long, I had nothing else to read, and I was leaving on a trip where I knew a book was a must.  However, the main character is a 7 year old boy and I immediately got sucked right in.  It's hard to describe the storyline as there is action and drama and scandal and murder and yet... it's just a story about one boy's summer on a cotton farm.


And that's it.  I've picked up a Clive Cussler book from my parent's house and read a bit here and there, but it hasn't really grabbed me yet.  And for once, I don't have a long list of books I want to read waiting for me.

So what do you suggest?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Wow... A Painted House sounds awesome!! I would have never thought to read it! Now I want to!

And thanks for the book updates.... and for mentioning me! ;)

Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...