Friday, December 21, 2012

Very Sick Little Boy

So... twas the week before Christmas and all through the house, we are Lysol-ing and laundering the blankets and every available surface.

AJ is sick.  Man, he is sick.  Came home from school with a fever on Monday and hasn't been back.  Poor little guy.  It's been a rough couple days and it's still going.  So we are doing everything in our power to help him get better and help us stay healthy.

Might be fighting a losing battle. As every mother knows..... when you're kid is miserable, hacking and sneezing left and right, and he just wants to be draped over you, snuggle next to you, or sleep in your bed....  there is only so much you can do.

He's missing out on all the fun week-before-break activities at school including his class Christmas party today.  I don't think he's really realized it yet as I think he's lost track of time with all his days home, but I feel terrible for him.  He was SO excited about it.

Honestly, I was really excited about today, too.  I took the day off work.  I rarely get to attend the boy's school parties or their field trips.  So I intentionally took today off so I could be there for both boy's parties AND have time in between them to do some much needed tasks before Christmas and family comes to visit.  Things like errands, shopping, sitting in a coffee shop drinking my free birthday coffee, working out  (which I haven't been able to do AT ALL this week), meet my hubby for lunch... another thing I never get to do, despite him asking regularly.

Ok, I was SUPER excited for today.  So the mom in me feels terrible for my AJ and how miserable he feels.  The very selfish side of me is really disappointed that instead of my plans... I'm home washing, washing, washing.

But that's the way it goes.   It's part of being a mom and since that's the best job in the whole world, I'll take these days along with the mostly good days.  I have my 6 year old to hold and snuggle and get me sick and that's not something to take for granted this Christmas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...