Monday, October 22, 2007

If only every Saturday were like this one...

It's Monday, already. We had a nice weekend. Friday we had a couple over for dinner. It was just a nice relaxing visit. The kids played, we made homemade pizza and chatted. Unfortunately, Marc got a work call and ended up on the phone or computer off and on a good portion of their time with us and then ended up driving down to Kzoo after they left that night. But even so, it was a nice evening.

Saturday, Marc again had to do a work thing early in the morning before watching the kids for the day. My friend Jill came down and we went shopping. And I mean shopping! I haven't shopped like that since probably high school back-to-school shopping. And most of it was for me! I did get a few things for Andrew and and shirt for Marc (sorry, AJ, stinks to be the little one). Other than that, it was all new (or new to me, we hit a couple thrift stores) clothes for me. And I got good deals, which makes be feel better about it because I tend to be a, um, cheap wad when it comes to clothes and will wear my 1994 t-shirt and sweats everyday, if I could get away with it. Plus, it was just great to see and laugh with Jill again. She's super and we had good times.

Then, get this, as if the day wasn't good enough. The Sischo's come over that evening and Becky and I get to go see a movie... in the theater. It was like my birthday or something.

Sunday, we went to church and had dinner with the Sischo's again. (Ryan and the kids ended up crashing the night before at our place rather than move them late that night). And the rest of the day was our typical lazy Sunday afternoon. We took a walk since the weather was amazing, but that's about it.

Today, I had Noah, but I also had a car and car seats that all fit, so we were able to get out a little and hit the park for a picnic with the boys. Plus they could run their energy off at he playground. It was so nice to be out and about a bit. And of course, tonight, as I already mentioned, I got a haircut. It's a little short. I like it, but it's going to take some getting used to.

Oh, and if you think about it, pray for the boys tomorrow. I am contemplating taking the boys for their flu shots. They are due them, but Andrew always gets pretty sick for about a day afterward and I just can't decide if it's worth it. I am leaning toward the shot right now, but just not 100% sure. So, if we do, pray they don't get the post flu shot sickies.

Ok, I've rambled enough. I need to pull things together for Bible Study tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...