Friday, June 5, 2009

Book Report: Ender's Game

Upon the recommendation of my Cuz and his Mrs., I recently finished reading the "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card. I'm thankful that he mentioned to disregard the cover art, because I would have never ever picked this book off a shelf.
That being said, I'm thankful that I took his recommendation and read the book. It was very good and not overwhelmingly sci-fi, as that is not usually my thing (but then again, I've recently read Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and I'm currently reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.... so maybe it is my thing).
Very interesting book. It's well written in that it describes things enough for you to get it, but leaves plenty to the imagination. I loved the general ending, but I had to ponder the last page or so for a while afterward. At first I didn't like how Mr. Card left things, but I'm coming around.
Overall, I'm glad I read it. I'm not sure if I would pick up another book from the same author again on my own unless, like this one, it was highly recommended. But then again... I may just get too curious and want to know what happens in the next book.
Scott: Thanks, Third, for introducing me to Andrew Wiggin.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...