Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Generation Grew Up on Michael...

I wonder if several years from now, people will sit around and ask each other where they were when they heard that Michael Jackson died. I know he got a little strange recently and I know I mostly now listen to conservative Christian music....
but c'mon... it's Michael!
I distinctly remember being at my Grandma's house (the coolest house e.v.e.r) and sitting upstairs in my cousin Lyndi's room.... who I just about idolized. We listened to a Michael Jackson record. And if Lyndi liked it, then so did I.
I also remember watching the Thriller video at an entirely too young age (I might have even sneaked downstairs to watch it) and then being terrified for several days after that my floor was going to burst right open at any given moment and zombies were going to climb out.
Billy Jean, Thriller, Smooth Criminal, the MoonWalk and so much more. A very surprising and sad day for fans of the King of Pop.
"This is the moment when Generation X realizes they’re grown up"

2 comments:

Amie said...

Jeremiah could not understand why everybody was talking about Michael Jackson. I tried to explain that it wasn't the recent Michael they were remembering and mourning but the one we grew up with!

Kelli said...

Exactly Amie... I told Marc that now that he died, he recent weird years will almost be forgotten entirely within a short time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...