Thursday, June 22, 2006

Boobs and Babies

My accomplishment of the day: Obtaining a key from security to the hospital lactation room. 
 
You see, now that I am back at work, I need to excuse myself once a day to pump.  This is about a 15-20 minute process.  However, each day I would have to call security for them to meet me at the room and open it for me.  However, almost everyday, it was me waiting at the room for them to show up... sometimes 5-10 minutes.  I even had to go back to my floor and call again a couple times.  I even tried to call ahead and give them advance notice, such as, "I will be there in 15 minutes".  No dice.  So now my 15-20 minute process was at least a half hour each day.  I only work a little about 4.25 hours a day.  And one hour is covering phones, so that leaves about 3 hours to do all my work.  So a half hour is a good chunk of my time, when I'm already pressed to get in my 15-20 minutes.
 
But alas, as promised (a couple days late, but that's ok), I have my very own key.  I am pretty sure that I am the only one using the room anyway.    And I don't have to face the male security guards who, literally, unlock the door and run...as if they just might catch a glimpse of something that would scar them for life.  (Even though the room has plenty of privacy curtains). 
 
Yes, it still may be tricky to sneak away for my 15-20 minutes on some days, but at least that's hopefully all it will be.
 
On a related note: I had my infant room orientation (for lack of better term) at the daycare today.  I got my mountain of paperwork to fill out and the run down on how things work and a tour of the infant rooms, etc...   I am still really really pleased with this daycare.  If I must work (and for now, I must), I couldn't find a better facility to put my kids in.  Maybe I am putting the cart before the horse, by raving before AJ's actually been in the program, but I was just impressed again by this daycare.  Of course, I better be... we are paying an arm and leg.  But I guess that is better than sending my boys to the cheapest place we can find.  Side note:  I was given a lot of info today regarding the infant program but one fact that stuck with me as impressive...  They can evacuate in less than 2 minutes (including some cribs, formula, diapers, and other such necessities to take care of the babies until they can be picked up).  Hopefully they will never have to prove it to me.
 
Ok, speaking of my AJ makes me miss my boys.  And it's time to go see them.  Yea!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...