Tuesday, June 6, 2006

New Stats: AJ

It’s already been two months since I woke up one morning with mild discomfort.  It’s already been two months since it progressed quickly to the point I thought my body was going to split in two.  It’s already been two months since my littlest one made his way into this world.  It’s already been two months since my Andrew became a big brother.  

And my AJ has grown.  

His new stats are: Height – 23 inches, Weight – 12lbs, 1oz, Head Circumference – 15.5 inches.  And he has incredibly strong neck muscles.  His pediatrician was blown away by his neck strength.   She also confirmed that he has an “angel kiss” on his eyes.  My understanding is that this is the equivalent of Andrew’s “stork bite” on the back his neck.  Both are birthmarks that are hardly noticeable but show up when mad, flushed, etc…   This explains why when AJ cries, his eyes don’t just get regular red from crying but look beet red, like we’ve let him cry for days on end.  

Speaking of crying, the poor kid also had to get 3 shots in his little legs.  So he’s sporting Daffy Duck band-aids on his thighs.  He had his first dose of Tylenol as well.  So since then, he’s been zonked.   Actually, it’s been kind of nice.   Andrew is down for his nap, AJ is sleeping, so I paid bills and now I am actually am typing with two hands and eating lunch in peace.  Well, I am going to take advantage of this time to look into the local Children’s Museum.  I would like to take Andrew before I go back to work and won’t have the opportunity.  Doesn’t that sound fun?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...