Monday, June 12, 2006

She's baaa-aaack...

Well, today was my first day back to work.  And let me tell you… there was no easing back into the swing of things.  Holy Cow.  It was a super busy day.  There was no catching up, no causal chit chat, no bragging about my new baby… just work, work, work, walk, walk, walk.  Man, I didn’t have time to empty my overflowing mailbox or inbox.   Barely had time to check my voicemail.  I especially had to run in order to fit ‘pumping’ in.  At this rate, my baby weight will be off my Friday. (although I must admit, it was much easier without being pregnant)

The boys did well today.  However, Andrew is now at the point where he knows the daycare schedule without being told what’s next.  So, when I picked him at four (right before playground time), he started bawling as soon as he saw me.  Not a tantrum, but a you-broke-my-heart-I-have-been-looking-forward-to-playground-time-all-my-life.  I almost felt a little guilty.   He did recover very soon, especially once we got back on the shuttle, and the bus driver gave him precious candy.  In fact, Andrew had his first experience with Skittles today.  He was a sticky but happy mess.

AJ was an angel baby.  And our sitter is a doll.  She is so great.  I just wish she were available to babysit more often.  AJ got to go on a walk and took a bottle pretty well.  AND, our sitter put him down in his bassinet awake, and he put himself to sleep and napped for 2.5 hours!    

So now, both boys are sleeping.  Marc is working on laundry, and I just finished paying bills. Nothing to exciting.  But to sum it up, today went fine (I’m not dreading tomorrow, though, I’m not jumping for joy at the thought either).  Hoping tomorrow is a little slower.

1 comment:

Jen & Gary said...

Kelli, it's good to see you back to work! It will probably feel good to get back into the swing of things... Also, girls weekend? I was thinking it might be fun.. you, me, jill... margrita's..let me know what you think..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...