Saturday, September 2, 2006

Man of Steel

Our long weekend started off on a good note. Friday night, Marc and I had a long overdue date night. Since we didn’t celebrate our anniversary last month, we are counting this. We got a sitter and went to see Superman Returns in the IMAX Theater with 3D scenes. And it was….A.W.E.S.O.M.E! I don’t know if it was the low expectations to begin with, the novelty of 3D and a HUGE screen, or the incredible music that was so nostalgic, but I was glued and enjoyed every minute. (And the new Superman looks really like Christopher Reeves). When it was over, we realized that we still had over an hour before midnight, when we told the sitter we would be home, and since we hadn’t eaten since we fed Andrew at 5:30, we were starving. And Chili’s was right there. We love Chili’s fajitas… Good night.

And come to find out, the boys did incredible for the sitter as well. Granted we didn’t leave until almost their bedtime. So on one hand, she only really had to watch the boys for about a ½ hour. On the other hand, bedtime can be the trickiest time of the day. But Andrew went down right at 8:30 and AJ at 9 and both were still out when we got home around midnight. My little angels.

Today, we just hung around the house. We cleaned before the sitter came over, so we were able to be more productive today. Marc got the crib up, I got 3 mac & cheeses, 1 pan of baked oatmeal and 7 mini banana bread loaves made for the freezer. Marc then packed up and headed south to meet my dad for an overnight fishing retreat at Marc’s uncle’s cabin. I think both guys were really looking forward to it. So, it’s me against the boys again tonight. But so far so good. We took a nice walk, and had dinner and now both boys are in bed. So I am flipping through crappy TV, while surfing the net, putting off cleaning my messy kitchen from today’s frozen assets.

Tomorrow the plan is to get to church (always a challenge with the boys by myself), lunch, naps, etc… Marc will be home early evening. And then…. then…we still have ANOTHER day off! Right now we are thinking of taking just a morning trip to a little tourist town about an hour away, walk around, have lunch and be home by naptime. Nothing too exciting, but I am not complaining. Have a great Labor Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...