Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Remembering Gerald Ford 1913-2006

This afternoon, right before lunch - 10 fighter jets flew right by our home. It was a very exciting moment for my 2 year old and his mama. President Ford is from our city and was brought back today to be buried at the Ford Presidential Museum downtown. Very historical time for our city. I've been watching the news quite a bit today. From what I hear another set of fighter jets will be flying over at 2:15. The motorcade (75 vehicles) will be going pretty near our home as we live near the Ford International Airport and traveling along the Ford Freeway. (Can you tell he was honored around here?) I am going to cheat and refer you to a friends blog who did a great job on a Ford Memorial. Much better than I could have done. Check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww..... I'm honored that you linked to my blog!!! Thanks Kelli!!!

Jen & Gary said...

Kelli, gary was at the airport shooting the guns.... he will be at the museum tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...