Saturday, February 3, 2007

I knew all the white stuff was good for something.

What do you make when and have milk, eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla on hand and you live in West Michigan buried in what feels like moutains of snow?

SNOW ICE CREAM!
1/2 cup milk
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 gallons (or more) very fresh, light, fluffy snow

Over medium heat, bring first 4 items just to a slight boil wisking the entire time. Remove from heat and add sugar and vanilla. Cover and chill. Mix with snow.

(Warning - this makes a lot! I made the whole batch, but only mixed up half of it with snow and got a lot of ice cream! But since we are currently under a Blizzard Warning, we may have no problem using it all up.)

2 comments:

MoMologette said...

I don't know if I've ever de-lurked before, but I really enjoy your blog. This snow recipe is SO neat!! Genius! And um yeah...the Blizzard is providing more than enough snow. Now when I look outside I can think of all the ice cream possibilites!!

...Nicole

Anonymous said...

Seriously???? I didn't know you could use that!!! I always thought it was bad to eat snow! ;) Too bad Lady has already poo'd and pee'd all over the yard! :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...