Friday, March 9, 2007

What you are like at three.

Likes
· Toys – He still races behind his large firetruck – so much so that we’ve had to request the company send us replacement back wheels. He also loves his basketball; well, he loves his dad throwing the basketball and him running to get it without getting hit by it (or fetch). He still loves his train and plays with them daily. Although, his play has matured from simply running them on his track, so acting out stories with them. “Oh no! James tipped over on his side and is stuck in the muddy mud! What are we going to do?”
· Food – The kid has a sweet tooth. In fact – earlier this week he had the hiccups. And Marc and I were have a fun time convincing him to do silly ‘tricks’ to get rid of them (jumping on one foot, tip toe-ing across the room, etc…). Finally he stopped and told us that he thought chocolate milk got rid of hiccups. Well, he got some… and it did work. Any cookies, treats, etc… the kid loves. He also loves cheese and salami and crackers. Of course, chicken nuggets and french fries. And he still drinks milk like we own the cow.
· Books – He enjoys most books, but he still loves “Go, Dog, Go”. He has a set of “Cars” board books that he can pretty much ‘read’ himself that he really enjoys. He also likes to look that those books like “Where’s Waldo”, “I Spy”, etc… where there isn’t much to read per se, just a lot to look at.
· Music – ABC song & Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. David song & Antshillvania. Theme songs from Larry Boy, Little Einstein & Thomas the Tank. He especially loves when you sing these songs replacing a lyric with an obvious wrong word and he catches you. i.e.: Twinkle, twinkle little pickle.
· Movies/TV – Diego and Cars take first place right now. Though he really likes Little Einsteins, and Toy Story. Lately, he runs though the house with his arms out in front of him and yells, “To infinity and beyond!” and spreads his arms out wide on ‘beyond’.
· His AJ – He loves pointing out things that he can do because he is a big boy that AJ cannot do yet because he is a baby. He loves when AJ laughs at him. And he always makes sure he gives AJ a hug and kiss before AJ goes down for a nap or bedtime.
· Other – He likes sitting on the barstool so he can help me when I am making something in the kitchen. He loves watching sports with daddy in bed and would prefer sleeping in our bed all the time (he currently gets to nap there). He is still at a very helpful age and will often volunteer to do something before I even ask him.

Dislikes:
· Talking on the phone – not sure where this came from because he used to love to talk on the phone.
· Mommy singing non approved songs – as soon as I start, he tells me to stop and sing one of ‘his’ songs (see above).
· Getting hair washed – again, water used to never bother him a bit, and lately, though he still loves tubs, he doesn’t like his hair washed or rinsed.
· Eating fruits/vegetables – he is his father’s son. Although – he does have to try a bite at each meal.

Andrew – Sometimes I think of everything in this world and what you will have to face as you get older. And if I am truthful with myself, it scares me. During those times, I just want to lock you up in our house and protect your forever. But I know my best option is prayer. I pray that you will grow strong and healthy and protected. I pray that you will have a compassionate heart and strong willpower. I pray that you will be a positive leader. And I pray for wisdom that your father and I will know the very best way to raise you to become a true man. We love you little man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my sweet sweet grandson. Grandma & Papa loves you so very very much.

Rebecca H. said...

antshillvania!!!! i'm instantly back in the changing room at LGA! memories!! and i laughed so hard at the twinkle twinkle little pickle...that's just such a kelli thing to do!

happy birthday andrew!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...