Monday, November 12, 2007

AJ at 19mo

There are so many things that AJ is doing right now that I keep thinking,"I need to record that!". He is at such a funny and adorable age right now.
  • He is talking all the time. Most of it is in his Ducka Dialect. With perfect tone and inflection he will carry on a conversation with you in ducka, ducka, duckas. Imagine the sentence, "Mom, I need another drink, please". Keep the tone and inflection, just replace each word with 'ducka' and you speak AJ.
  • He is saying a few words in English. He knows "Mama" and "Dada". He knows "please" although he still does the sign with it and it comes out in a high sing-songy "peeee". (It really melts the heart to hear it). He knows "more" and no longer does the sign. He also knows "here you go" and "Thank you" (Although the latter sounds an awful lot like 'ducka', too.)
  • He is giving kisses. He doesn't actually touch his lips to your face. He just gets close and goes "mmmmm-ah!" He also makes the same sound after we pray (he does fold his little hands- it's too cute) for Amen.
  • He has an adorable dimple under his right eye when he smiles big. It's not new to him being 19 months - I just don't think I have ever recorded it before.
  • He is showing his indepedence with food. Quite often he will turn down the food we offer at meal times. He will eat healthy alternatives, so I guess I can't complain too much. It's just the same 3-4 alternatives at every meal. Oh well.
  • He adores his brother and mimics him all the time. It's really funny to watch.
  • The kid loves being outdoors.
  • I think he loves music even more. He is attracted to any music. From the radio, to a little jingle a toy makes. It could last 3 seconds, and his little behind is shaking and his head is bopping.
  • He is a snuggler. He requires a good 15 minutes of wake-up snuggle in the morning and after naps, or he turns into a crank. And almost any other time, he is willing to give a snuggle-snuggle here and a snuggle-snuggle there. I love it!
I am sure I could go on and on and I might add to this list as I think of things.


I love you Baby AJ.

2 comments:

Amie said...

What a cutie! I love dimples. I absolutely love this age too.

Rebecca H. said...

what a cutie pie!

by the way, how are you liking the book?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...