Thursday, May 29, 2008

Growing out of his britches!

Andrew had his 4-year-old check-up today. And man... was that kid surprisingly exciting about it. It's the first thing he mentioned this morning when he woke up. We dropped AJ off at a friend's so it was just me and my kiddo at the doctor's office.

Andrew did really well. He answered all of his doctor's questions and did everything she asked of him, including peeing in a cup, which to a four-year-old boy... is like so totally exciting! He also got to draw a picture of me for her. I so wish I had my camera to take a picture of it. Although now that I think about it, she had him draw it on the paper on the 'bed' in the room. I am sure I could have tore it off and taken it with me. Oh well, it's long gone now. Anyway, it was so funny. She was impressed (as was I since he never draws people) at the details he included for his age, things like a nose, fingers and toes.

So overall, she gave him a stellar report and couldn't get over how big he was. He is the average weight and height of a six year old. My goodness.

Height: 45.5 inches
Weight: 46.6 inches
BMI: 15-16
BP: 94/58

The good news is he received no shots this time around and we got his medical paperwork filled out for preschool this fall. The bad news is that next year, when he is five, he gets four shots before he starts kindergarten. We will have to prepare for that one a bit.

1 comment:

Jen@BigBinder said...

Uh oh. I didn't know about the 5 year shots - we're going to have to hog tie my son for that appointment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...