Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Scarlet Thread

I just finished my first book in quite a while. Last summer, it seemed I was devouring any reading material I could get my hands on. Then I went through a dry stretch where I started two or three different books, but couldn't seem to finish them.

That how this book started. I picked it up several times, reading a chapter or so at a time, then I would put it down for weeks at a time by no fault of the author. However, a few days ago, I got into it. Really into it and stayed up past my bedtime each night working through it. This morning, while plopping the kiddos in front of Saturday morning cartoons, I finished. Ahhh...

I recommend it. Coincidentally, our church has a ladies book club and they happened to be going through the same book at the same time. I wasn't able to finish the book in time, plus we had our college/career group over the same night they met. But I may have to see what's on their agenda next.

1 comment:

Amie said...

That is a good book, all her books are really good.

Her "Mark of the Lion" series are some of my favorite books ever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...