Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas Getting to Know You Meme

FarOutMom tagged me and it looks cute, so I'm posting it. As she mentioned, feel free to steal it!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper mostly.

2. Real tree or Artificial? We have a fake one. I confess... it's just easier.

3. When do you put up the tree? My goal is the weekend after Thanksgiving, but it's been
as late as the weekend before Christmas.

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime in January.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but I hardly ever have it. I never seem to buy it and never have everything on hand to make it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably a pair of 'bibs' I bought myself, then practically convinced my parents there really was a Santa.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad.

8. Easiest person to buy for? The boys. Like FarOutMom said... it's not like they don't drop hints all the time.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Every year I think, this year I will do Christmas cards. And every year, I don't. I even have a Christmas Card List in Excel, but I've never sent out cards.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmm.... not sure.

12. Favorite Christmas movies? How the Grinch Stole Christmas. We already have it DVR'd for this year.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to have ideas by October, but we do one side of the family's Christmas at Thanksgiving... so I need to be on top of things a month early.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh yes. Probably something that should be listed under number 11.

15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Shrimp Cocktail on Christmas Eve (not even sure how that started). Hot Coffee and something warm & gooey for breakfast Christmas morning. I miss Keiffee Cookies.

16. Favorite Christmas song? O Come, O Come Emmanuel.

17. There was no number 17.

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? A little of both.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes, I know the song. But can you say the 7 drawfs? (Oh wait... that's not Christmas-y)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Actually neither. Not on purpose, we've just never found one we like.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning, of course. What kind of foolish-talk is this Christmas Eve present opening???

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The Christmas music starting SO early that by the time Christmas comes you swear if you hear Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree one more time you'll pop Rudolph in his Red nose.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? No favorite... our tree is very hodge-podge and beautiful.

24.Favorite dinner food? Doesn't seem like a very Christmas-y question. But let's see... Probably homemade macaroni & cheese made with shells.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To listen to both boys recite Luke 2.

So, should I tag anyone else? I tell you what... if you want to do it, post it and let me know in my comments, so I can check it out. :)

4 comments:

faroutmom said...

LOL!!! I never noticed that there was no number 17! Not that I didn't believe you, but I went back to look and sure enough...not there.

I think the dinner question was about Christmas dinner. Mac and Cheese sounds great to me though.

I love the "bib" story! That is hilarious!

Thanks for playing along!

Jack's Mom said...

I stole it from ya :)

Tiffany said...

Welcome to SITS.

We are thrilled to have you join us.

jmt said...

I'm stopping by via SITS...nice list. I think the dinner food meant do you do a special meal at xmas...LOL Just a stab in the dark (my mom makes fried chicken and mashed pototoes...been doing that for so long, love it!). And I confess we're a Christmas eve opener...too many families to stop by. Xmas eve was always with my parents, and then xmas morning we open the extra present Santa left for us the night before and our stockings too...and then we'd always go to my father's mother's house. Have a great holiday season, even with the music rining all around (I'm with ya!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...