Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My Favorite Christmas Memory.

When I was around 12, somehow I was able to get out with some money and buy myself an outfit that I really wanted without anyone knowing about it. Then I took it home, wrapped it in Christmas paper, switched tags with a gift for me already under the tree and waited.

On Christmas morning, I opened my outfit. With all the excitement I could muster, I gushed on and on about how great the outfit was, and how I love it, and thank you, thank you, etc…

You should have seen my parent’s faces - each sneaking looks at each other with whispers, "Did you buy that for her?" "No, didn't you?" My Gram was there and I know she got those perplexing looks as well. They even checked the tag to see who it was from, but staring back at my mom was her own handwriting that said, "To Kelli, from Santa".

I couldn't hold up the charade too much longer before I burst out laughing. But I think, for just a moment, my parents really did believe in Santa.

That's my favorite Christmas Memory - what's yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a fabulous story!!! Too bad it wasn't on video, huh???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...