Thursday, March 19, 2009

Book Report: Twilight Series

I'm finally finished. I completed the "Breaking Dawn" Sunday evening. I feel like it took me forever to get through these books, but I don't think I can blame the author. I was just busy and felt like I was reading maybe only a chapter a day. But now... finally, I know what all the fuss is about.
This was a good series. I struggled a bit with the first book, as I mentioned earlier. However, each book got better and better. And while still not my favorite books of all time, I find that I, like many others I've read about, actually find myself missing the Cullen Family a bit.

I have to say that I would like to see one more book added to the series. I feel like some things really only started and I would like to see a little more New Bella. I liked her. And, of course, I'd love to see how things pan out with Jacob. (I rewrote the few sentences several times trying to convey what I wanted to say without potentially giving something away... not sure I did a decent job of either.)

Anyway, now I want to see the movie. It's in our cheap theater but I haven't been able to work out a time to go. And I know it's being released to DVD this weekend, too. So hopefully soon. Although, like I am with most books-to-movies.... I almost don't want to watch it, too. I can get more frustrated with them sometimes that I do enjoy them.

It's funny... when the movie first came out, it was so foreign to me. I had never heard of the movie or the books before. And never, in a middle years, would I have guessed that I would actually want to see it. I mean it is a vampire movie.

So - overall opinion. I am glad I read them. Glad I pushed past the first book to get to the other three. Thank you, Stephanie Meyer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...