Sunday, February 28, 2010

How Deep the Father's Love for Us.

How deep the Father's love for us; How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son; And make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss; The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One; Bring many sons to glory

Behold the man upon the cross; My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice; Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there; Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life; I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything; No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ; His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward; I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart; His wounds have paid my ransom

Why should I gain from His reward; I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart; His wounds have paid my ransom
written by Stuart Townend

1 comment:

megan said...

I LOVE this song! We used to sing it all the time in college. Definitely one of my favorites :)

It was so great meeting you tonight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...