Thursday, July 17, 2008

Recent Reads

I recently finished a couple books. I find that I read more in the summer months than winter. I'm not sure why that is, it just seems to be that way. So, I grabbed a Grisham before vacation.

This was a good book, it was.... but for a Grisham book, I was a little disappointed. I have come to have high standards for his books. It's okay, John, I already have another one of your tales checked out of the library.




The last book was one that had been sitting on my shelf since Andrew was born. A woman from our very first small group brought it too me and it never got read, but it never got officially moved or thrown away. So it sat on our main floor book shelf staring at me for over four years. I finally picked it up before we headed to Ohio last week. Wow - once I picked it up and I couldn't put it down. I am not sure how to even describe it. Weird, captivating, thought provoking. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...