Sunday, July 27, 2008

Summer Vacation

Not that I have a job to take a vacation from, but this summer truly does feel like one long vacation. Trips to the UP, trips to Ohio, an upcoming trip to Iowa, visits to the Gardens, the splashparks, the playgrounds, to friend's houses, boat rides, etc... We haven't stopped. And the last five things we fit in just the last week... sometimes more than once.

Monday we hit the Gardens with an ex-coworkers, it was really nice to see her and her daughter. Tuesday, I had one of my college/career ladies come over to hang out during the day. Wednesday, a Dr. appt. in the morning, grocery shopping the afternoon, and a date night in the evening (which was really nice, by the way - I loved the movie and the company.)

Thursday, we walked and worked around the house and hit the splash park in the late afternoon. We all ended up out on the boat after dinner. Friday we were at home mostly, however, we hit the lake again in the evening. We even tied the boy's toy boats to the side of the boat with fishing line so they could throw and retrieve them. I think it bought us a little more time out on the water.

Saturday, I was able to head out by myself a bit in the morning to do a little garage sale-ing, grocery shopping, and hit CVS. It seems silly, but it was really, really nice to be out by myself for a bit. After naps, we headed to friend's house to celebrate Marc's birthday. It's not until next Wednesday, but we will be gone then in IA. So we grilled and gave him his presents and had cake. I thought I forgot my camera, so I have no pictures of it all to share (however, when all was said and done, I realized I had my camera with me all along... shoot!).

Today is mostly packing up and getting ready for our trip. We head to friend's house tomorrow to spend the night and then we hit the road early squirrally Tuesday morning for Des Moines. I don't think I will have any internet access for the week, so the blog will be quiet. We are looking forward to seeing Grandma and Grandpa and I am pretty sure they are excited to see us.

I better get packing. Have a great week.

1 comment:

jenni blodgett said...

i have NOT been lurking! i have just been absent. but HI again - and it's nice to hear you've been having a great summer too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...