Thursday, April 14, 2005

Case of the Missing Shoes: SOLVED!

So the other day, Andrew is walking around the house with two of his shoes. One in each hand. Now these shoes weren't a pair of shoes, they were one dressier brown shoe that barely fits him and one tennis shoe (his main pair he wears). We didn't think much of it. Well, later in the day, we can not find his shoes...at all. And we look EVERYWHERE. By everywhere, I mean even the most random bizarre places, because, well, you see, it's not uncommon for me to find his toys, clothes, etc.. in the most random bizarre places. But he needs his shoes, right? So we hunt behind things like the couch, entertainment center etc..., in things such as toy box, cupboards, pots, pans, dishwasher, garbage, etc... So needless to say, he went to church and his tests this week with his slippers. He went on walks and to the park in his slippers. Well, today, after pulling about 10 different toys, kitchen utensils, sippy cups out of the trash, I decide ONE MORE TIME that I am going to dig through before taking out the trash. (Keep in mind, this was Tuesday, it's now Thursday and the trash is full.) I grab a large plastic spoon and start digging. Past the newspapers, past last nights dinner scraps, past a few diapers, past more grossness and low and behold....at the very bottom, what do I find?? Two mismatched shoes. They were nicely adorned with whipped cream. Thing is, is that I checked the trash multiple times since that was a likely spot...but the weight of the shoes, must have let them fall to the very bottom. It's silly but I feel such a sense of accomplishment from finding his shoes. So, anyway, he now has his shoes back and they are cleaned off. So maybe, just maybe, when he gets up from his nap, I will let him put on his walking shoes and take me to the park.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...