Friday, November 11, 2005

His Future's So Bright...

It's Friday and it's a big day.  I finally made the leap and put on maternity pants this morning.  But that is only after trying on about 5 other pairs of pants and deciding that they just weren't going to cut it anymore.  I am glad I made the decision.  I am not wearing a maternity top, but a nice comfy sweater, so really, I don't look TOO preggo yet, but I can breathe without a rubber band pulling across my tummy.  It's nice. 
 
Tonight we are heading to Ohio to visit the family.  We hoping to leave early, as I am hoping to get out early today (I came in early to better my chances).  I even cleaned and packed (for the most part) last night.  I did this while sending the boys to go buy a gift for Andrew's cousin who will be turning 2 this month since we are celebrating his birthday this Sunday.  And well, the lesson I learned (and should have known) is that I can not send my hubby and my son to the toy dept of a store without supervision.  Yes, they did fulfill their duty and find a nice gift for Andrew's cousin.  However, they also found yet another truck for Andrew.  And man, I must admit, if I were with Marc and saw how excited Andrew got when he saw this truck, I don't know if I could have said, "no" either.   He just stood there with big eyes, waiting, dancing his feet back and forth the entire time it took Marc to free the truck from the 100 point security packaging that took 2 different screwdrivers to tackle.  Again...Spoiled!!  Maybe it's a good thing this new kiddo will be coming along and stealing a little of the spotlight from the golden child.
 
Well, I am getting a little nervous.  Friday's are my super busy days and I came in early hoping to get a jump on the work and maybe, just maybe, leave early.   The whole team knows this and they have been requested to get their work into my early today.   The thing is, I have like hardly any work to do.  Being a Friday, this just doesn't make sense.   So either, it will be a really light day and I will get out nice and early, OR everyone will hit me with their requests at 3 and I will be swamped.  Could go either way, I guess. Here's hoping.
 
Ok, have a great weekend and Happy Veteran's Day, Dad!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...