Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I'm Thankful....

Well, this past weekend was a nice one. Friday we made homemade pizza when we got home and just hung out. Marc had the guys over in the evening to watch the Pistons game. Andrew did manage to take a tumble down our stairs that evening. Wahich is surprising since he manuevers those stairs like he invented them. The tumble wasn't so bad, but his truck at the bottom of the stairs did him a number. He woke up the next morning with a nice shiner on his right eye.

Saturday was a busy one. I got up and about and out early in order to get to a friends house by 9:00 to set up for a 10:00 baby shower brunch. It was for friend Kari, and all of us ex-roommates put in on for her. It was so nice to see them all again and hang out, but by the time I left at 2pm, I was exhausted. Tired, achey, felt like I overdid it a bit. I came home and napped until 4:30. Andrew got to spend the day with daddy. They hit a couple sporting good stored in the morning, then Burger King for lunch. We met up with the Uelands for dinner at Panera, then called it a night. Both Kelly (who was also at the shower this morning and is also pregnant) and I were exhausted.

By the way, on Saturday, my parents arrived in Myrtle Beach to spend the week. J.E.A.L.O.U.S.

Sunday morning was church, then we just hung out the rest of the day and did some cleaning, baking, read the paper, etc...

Last night, we had ham for dinner. Good ham! Once a year, when they go on sale, I buy one of those spiral hams. Marc cuts it all up, we fill the crock pot, pour the glaze over it all and let it simmer for a while. After we eat dinner, we package up the leftovers and get about 3+ more dinners out of it. (+ = leftovers the next day). Oh, it is so good!! So we had that last night with noodles and oranges. Andy was over for dinner too. Then later in the evening, Marc had the guys over for Monday Night Football. Vikings vs.. Packers. VIKINGS WON! But one of the guys windows wouldn't go up on his car when he got here, so the first half of the game was spent in the cold dark driveway with flashlights, tools, and coat hangers practically taking apart door to get the window up.

Well, we are getting ready to leave for Iowa tomorrow for Thanksgiving. And I must say I am looking forward to it. Not the drive, but just being there. Of couse, I feel like I have a trillion billion things that I have to do before I can go that doesn't even include work. Tomorrow is super busy because we have an appt in the morning, then work, then an errand, finish packing the car and hit the road. So that means we have to pretty much have EVERYTHING ready to go and do tonight. 'Twill be a crazy one.

But overall things are going good. Andrew is doing well and is as silly as ever. He talks not stop and has become a little parrot repeating whatever comes out of our mouths. Yes, we must be careful. You can actually somewhat carry a conversation with him now. Usually about airplanes up in the sky, or how "Jiffy" the squirrel is sleeping or went bye bye or something like that - that is important in his little world.

Well, not sure if I will get a chance to update again until we get back from our trip (not that I've been great about updating lately anyway). So until the next time...Have a GREAT THANKSGIVING!!

1 comment:

Jill Corwin said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful to have a great friend in you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...