Friday, November 18, 2005

Snippits

No more Spanish.   We haven't received our grades yet to find out how we did.   I am actually considering taking Spanish II in January.  Not set on it, but considering it.   Marc will pass on that one.  :)  Although I am proud of him for sticking this class out.
 
We are fine.  Andrew is 100% pure silliness from the moment he wakes up until he goes to sleep.  There is no other word to describe it, but just plain silly.  It's so funny, that we laugh at/with him all the time (which is what he wants). 
 
It's snowing here.   Pretty good snowfall, too.  Which is good and bad.   Good because it's pretty and get me the Holiday Spirit.  Bad, because it's cold and messy.  Like for instance, when I went to get Andrew bundled up in the car.   First, we can't find his hat anywhere.  ANYWHERE.  Still can't find it and I know we had it when he came home the night before.  Then as I open the door the dog about runs us over to get outside after telling him "no" multiple times.   Then Andrew can't possibly walk in the sidewalk but right into the snow so that snow is halfway up his pants (the whole while I am yelling at Rocky to get back inside).   Which means I have to follow him into the snow to remove him (his listening ears were not in an obeying mood when there is fresh snow on the ground).  Did I mention it's freezing outside, and Andrew is not wearing gloves and is now unhappy because his hands have snow on them.  Then I finally get Andrew shaken off and in the carseat but hit my head on the way out which knocked off my own hat and pulled out my bobby pins....of course, it hurt as well and now my hair has to be redone.   I actually swore.   And loud enough that my son heard.  Which then made me feel horrible even more.   I had allowed myself to go from a happy mommy to a downright angery women in a matter of minutes.  I run back inside, grab a blanket to put over Andrew until the car warms up and we head on our way.   By the time I actually got to my desk, after all that plus unloading him from the shuttle (which he slipped by the way and got his pants soaked), got him all undressed and set in daycare and got up to my office....I was exhausted!
 
Marc got his very first commission check this week (which you know burns a hole in his pocket), so we got to go out for dinner.  We have a new restaurant "UNO's".  It's an itialian pizzaria type place.  It was very good.  Plus plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.
 
The snow is coming down again pretty good.  Andrew LOVES it.  He would run from window to window yelling, "Look, Noing!"  or  "What is noing?"   That's is his new favorite phrase... "What is....?"  Sometimes he finishes the sentence and it makes sense and sometime not.  :)
 
Did you know that the Jelly Belly plant is in Kenosha (where we are spending the Christmas holiday) and they have FACTORY TOURS!   Forget the tours, but bring on the Jelly Belly's!!  Mmmmmm!!!
 
Well, we got all our grocery shopping done last night (3 stores) and I even came home and made 4 mini loaves of orange/cranberry bread.  Then proceeded to eat half of one.  (Purely for testing sake, I assure you.)   MMmm.....it was SO good, I ate the other half this morning for breakfast.  I am going to have to be careful or this whole bread baking thing might turn into "Three for gifts, one for me".   That would be bad news.    Then again, I could count it at a fruit, protien, & grain serving for the baby and blame it on pregnancy.  :)  This morning, I went ahead and pulled together the dry ingredients for three more batches and put them in ziplock sandwich bags.   I figured...I know I am going to make more, I might as well measure all at once and get everything out and dirty fewer times.   So I should be able to whip up more batches fairly quickly.   (But I am already craving more - I LOVE THAT BREAD!).  :)
 
I am starting to feel the baby kick.   Not too often, more like when I am still...watching TV or trying to sleep.  Yesterday I even felt it on the outside against my hand.  Baby must have liked the cranberry/orange bread!
 
Ok, it's Friday and I took the easy way out of a post.   Tonight I think we are having the guys over for the Pistons game.  So just cleaning and getting things ready for a baby shower for my friend tomorrow.   Have a great weekend! 

1 comment:

Jill Corwin said...

How exciting that you can feel the baby now! It is so fun to watch kids in the snow! They get so excited!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...