Friday, November 4, 2005

When the mom's away, the boys will play.

Well, it's official.  I finally told my boss (yesterday) and the rest of my-coworkers (today) that I am pregnant.  I brought in a huge platter of taco dip that was a huge hit.    I am still not ready to wear maternity clothes yet, but at least I feel like I can when I need to.  Because I know for sure that today is the last day for the pants I am currently wearing.  Everyone has been very sweet and excited for me.  I also found out that one of my co-workers whose daughter is in Andrew's daycare class is due three days before me.   So we joked about how we will be in the hospital together and the kiddos will be playing the halls.
 
Speaking of kiddo.  The kiddo did not sleep last night.  I don't what his deal was, but he was up all night crying.  We (ok, I) am trying to get out of the recent habit of just pulling him into bed with us (Marc sees no problem with this, and even wants him there quiet often).  So last night he cried and cried and I let it go hoping he would go back to sleep.  He did not.   So I got up, got him (which he was instantly fine) and "rock-rock"-ed for a while, got him a drink and put him back down.  This lasted a mere 80 seconds and the crying was back.  So again, I let it go and quiet a while.  Needless to say, I don't sleep when he's crying.  Finally, I make Marc get up with him.  Now before you jump saying..well, he's crying because he'll know you'll get up.  A good while went by of him crying pretty darn hard.  So, Marc gets up...offers to bring him into bed, I encourage him to try to put him back down in his own bed and it is finally quiet for a short time.   Ahhh, just enough time to start to nod off.  When....Marc crawls back into bed and Andrew starts the crying again.  AUGH!  It's like he's a newborn again.  Does he sense there is a baby on the way and feels he has to get in every opportunity to be the baby while he can or what?!  
 
So, this morning, he was super tired (as were myself and Marc) and SUPER CRANKY.  Wowsers.   I even warned his daycare teacher when I dropped him off to beware....he's got his grumpy pants on.  (Of course, for them, he will be all smiles and cuteness and angelic, I bet).
 
I hope he does better tonight, because Marc is on his own.  I am heading to Lansing to spend a nice girls nights out with my friends, then do a little outlet mall shopping tomorrow.  At least, I should get a decent night's sleep.  (I am sure Andrew will just end up in our bed tonight...I would almost put money on it).  Anyway, I am so looking forward to tonight and tomorrow.  Hoping to find a pair of sunglasses as well a maternity swim suit and of course any Christmas shopping I can get done...all for reasonable prices, I hope.
 
So tonight is boys night out.  Marc was already asking Andrew this morning what he wanted for dinner, McDonalds, Burger King or Taco Bell.  Hmm....  At one point Marc thought about taking Andrew to see "Chicken Little", but I think he's come to his senses with that idea.  So, I am not sure what they have planned for tonight.  As for me and the girls, we're just gunna have fu-un!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...