Tuesday, November 1, 2005

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Super Andwew!

Ok, I am starting to get yelled at when I do a poor job of updating this blog. I'm not a big fan of neglecting it for a while either, as A) I feel as I do one big boring 'catch-up' post and B) by doing one big boring 'catch-up' post I miss a lot of the little stuff that really is worth blogging about and instead hit on general stuff that no one really cares about.

That being said, it's time for a big boring 'catch-up' post:

Friday evening wasn't anything exciting. After three days of working downtown in the madness, I was exhausted and frankly, not feeling all that well. So I came home, Marc put Andrew down and we all took a nap. One of Marc's friends called him and asked if they could go grab dinner. His wife is preggo and stuck with morning sickness every evening and he HAD to get out of the house after many nights/weeks of staying home with her. I wasn't up for much, so it was good night for him to call and get Marc out of the house as well. Andrew and I hung out in the evening. We had a nice dinner of instant mashed potatoes and turned in early.

Saturday, some sort of miracle happened and Andrew didn't make us come get him out of his crib until 10. It was heavenly! We mostly just hung around the house that day, ran a few errands in the afternoon, then met some friends for dinner at Olive Garden. It was great both for dinner and lunch the next day. When we got home, Marc put a final coat of paint on our room downstairs and did the touchup work.

Sunday, was another relaxing day. We worked around the house and again, ran some errands. I worked on Andrew's Superman costume (the pants were too long) until I was about in tears. That's before AND after an emergency trip to Jo-Ann Fabrics for some more supplies and help. But I got it done. It wouldn't pass as quality workmanship on any level, but it's done and it worked at least for yesterday. Even after stitching the pants up, we still had to roll them once as well. He'll be wearing these pants for a while.

Of course, yesterday was Halloween. I was again, downtown in the madness and couldn't make it to Andrew's fall party or his costume parade around the hospital. I was so disappointed, but a co-worker of mine actually video taped a bit of the parade for me, which was sweet. Then last night, Superman and I passed out candy to all the trick or treaters. Andrew would get SO excited when the doorbell would ring that he jump up and run to the door. BUT, he had to be held before the door opened. I don't blame him. Some of the costumes were a bit scary. Hands down, Spiderman was costume of the year in our neighborhood. I will try to post of pictures of Superman later this evening.

Well, that brings us to today. This morning, Andrew got me up nice and early due to the time chance not taking effect in his little body. So we had breakfast, did laundry and dishes and got ready during Elmo. We left early today because I am working a little early today, plus I wanted to stop by on the way and get Andrew's flu shot. After driving to the pediatricians office, I realized I didn't have my wallet (no insurance card, no money, no drivers license, etc...) So I drive back home, thinking that we will have to get the flu shot some other day, but at least I will have my license. Well, the pediatrician's office is on the way to work, so even though I am now much later than I expected I still had a little time and decided to stop back in anyway to see how long it might take and if we could still get the shot in. After all, I had already given him a dose of Tylenol. So we stop in and low and behold, they took him right back. We were there less than 10 minutes AND there was no co-pay. I didn't even need my wallet after all. And we still made it to work/daycare on time.

Tonight is Spanish class. We only have our test and party after this class, so tonight will be all review. Then I get to pay bills this evening. Fun Fun. On a good note, Andrew officially knows how to say his name. If you point to him in a picture or a mirror and ask who it is, he will tell you, "Andwew". It's adorable.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...