Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My did it!

Andrew’s vocabulary astounds me.  The things he says each day blows me away…it’s especially cute when he tells me something with all the seriousness of brain surgeon delivering sober news.  “Be wight back, Mom.” … with a total straight face as if he is going off to solve all the world’s problems before Sesame Street starts.

Right now we are working on “I” and “I’m”, because he refers to them as “My” and “Mine” respectively.  “My did it!”  or “Mine ready!”  Or I especially love, “Mine hunry”.  (I’m hungry).

It reminds me of my cousin’s kid, Russell, who had similar pronoun issues when he was small.   His favorite movie at the time was Lion King, where Simba fights Scar.  He would watch it daily and each day during that scene he would yell out, “Him bite him uncle!”  Ok, it’s not as funny in writing.  But it was really cute if you heard it in person.  Marc and I still joke about it and bring it us occasionally 8 years later.

And now for my achievement of the day:  I gave both boys a tub at the same time!  Marc went out tonight for a deserving guys night with a buddy, so I had the boys on my own.  With the weather being hot like it’s been, they both needed tubs badly.   So I got everything together and stuck Andrew in the big tub, while I gave AJ a bath in the baby tub on the bathroom floor.  It worked out swimmingly and I wasn’t completely soaked when finished, either.  Then, I treated Andrew to the movie “Toy Story” and popcorn, both of which he thoroughly enjoyed.

And now a difference between a boy and a girl:  A girl would see all the dandelions in our backyard and proceed to pick them one by one to make a lovely little bouquet.  A boy (a.k.a. Andrew) will grab the heads from the top and pull them right off, lay them on the concrete and run over them with his dump truck.  Or pick up his baseball bat and swing at them.  When they pop back up, decide that swinging is too humane and all out pound them into the ground.  

Now both boys are in bed (not sure if either are sleeping).  I am getting ready to work on the house a bit.  Marc should be home soon to finish helping me (it was part the deal to let him go tonight).  Tomorrow we have daycare in the a.m., then my friend Jill is coming down for lunch.  Nice!  Maybe I’ll give her my lovely dandelion bouquet I picked today.

     …you think I am joking, don’t you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...