Monday, May 22, 2006

Nothing like free caffeine

This morning we got out early.  There is a new Beaners Coffee Shop in town and its Grand Opening is today.  And the first 100 people there will get free coffee for a month.   I love Beaners.   It’s a rare treat for me.  So, as soon as we could we got up and out.  We really didn’t leave the house until 8:15, so I figured the first 100 were long gone since they had a big sign out front advertising and they opened at 6:00.  But we went anyway.  I was number 98!!  Woo Hoo!  I got 30 free beverage passes!!  AND, get this…  I asked if the took a debit card, they said yes, but when I went to pay their card machine wasn’t working, so they just asked for 1 of the cards back.  I got my initial coffee free, too.  As much as I would love to, there is no way I’ll be able to use all the cards.  Especially being gone next week.  Marc is going to MN for his annual fishing trip.  Since I am not working, I am taking the boys to my folks for the week.

We then hit the small mall for a bit for Andrew to play before heading to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things for our trips.  On he way out of Wal-Mart, we could see airplane after airplane fly overhead, so guess where we stopped next.   Yep, the airport observation park.  We tried to sit at a picnic table to watch, but it was just too chilly, so back in the car went.   We finally came home for a quick lunch of Mac & cheese before Andrew’s naptime.  

Now I need to clean desperately.  Three days of no real cleaning due to the bug and it shows. Plus a pile of laundry needs done.  So I am off.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...