Sunday, August 20, 2006

Mama's got a brand new 'do'

It’s been a busy weekend. Friday night we found a new china buffet restaurant for dinner before running to Sam’s for much needed diapers, cheese and trail mix.

Saturday morning, Marc went golfing with Andy, so the boys and I met Kari to go garage sale-ing. And struck out. It was a tad foggy and little misty and nobody had sales out. So we came home mid morning, shortly before Marc made it home.

After naps we went to our friends house where we all got haircuts. Well, not AJ. I went for the ‘mom’ cut and went short. Much shorter than usual. But with it all falling out anyway, it might as well be shorter hairs I’m pulling out of the drain. Of course, Andrew looks adorable with his new ‘do’. I love it when his hair it nice and short. He looks so big and ornery.

Then last night we got together with the Kari ad Andy. We grilled hamburger/hotdogs and played cards once the kiddos were in bed.

This morning was church, which was A.W.E.S.O.M.E! Totally unbelievable. I could write an entire post about it. The worship was incredible, the message was amazing. I even had to hold back a chuckle when I was reminded that God known how many hairs are on our head. (I hope he tracks mine in pencil with a hefty eraser). Man, I didn’t want the service to end. Our pastor started a series, so I a bummed we are going to miss next week. But alas, we had to eventually rescue the teachers from our kiddos and head to the grocery store. By the time we finished up, it was almost naptime and we weren’t even home yet, so we just ran through “old McDonalds” for lunch. Not Marc or my self’s first choice, but we had a tickled toddler.

During naptime I put groceries away and spent a good portion of the rest of the day in the kitchen. I made 4 pans of enchiladas, pulled lunch items together for this week, & divided food for the freezer from our trip to Sam’s. This evening, we all went for the walk and just hung out. I did a couple loads of laundry today as well, that I still need to fold yet.

This week is also looking like a busy one. I am working early tomorrow, all day Thursday and hopefully early (but early out) on Friday. Plus, we are taking dinner to a family tomorrow (enchiladas) and leaving for Ohio on Friday. Seems to me something else it going on too, but I don’t know off the top of my head. Of course, there is the usual to do, but I need to add packing to the list as well, which is always a two evening job.

Ok, enough boring you…have a great week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...