Thursday, August 10, 2006

Running on Fumes

Things are going ok here. Both boys still seem like they are in a funk. Neither one acts sick, but neither are acting their happy selves yet either or even sleeping well for that matter, yet. So we are all kind of running on fumes it seems. Plus I feel stressed due to some work/daycare things, too. I don't know why this week has been so hard (maybe still digging out from this weekend). I've done this 'single mom thing' for 4 weeks now, but man, this week is really stretching me. But we'll survive just fine.

Ok, enough whining. Oh, but on a side note: Andrew did develop a light rash yesterday that the pediatrician said might happen. So I called them when I noticed it and they said that it just means that his temperature this weekend was something viral and that the rash is actually a good thing that the high fever was nothing more than a bug. Who knew rashes came after fevers? And who would have even considered a rash a good thing?

We did get out of the house a bit last night. We went to some friends for dinner. They had another couple over and grilled out. It was nice, though a bit tough to visit, since I had the 2 kids and they each had one. But the food was incredible!! I got a new marinade recipe. They used it on grilled chicken and it was unbelievable. Plus, they grilled peaches. I didn't even know you could do that. But it was very good.

Of course, since we were gone all evening (got home just in time for bedtime) and I was whipped by then, I didn't do much last night. Our house is showing that it's been a rough week. Needs a good cleaning. So, hopefully tonight & tomorrow, I will be able to get it straightened up. We might even do something easy for dinner tonight, like pizza or fast food (plus I have gone grocery shopping in a while). Now that I wrote it...I think pizza sounds great.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...