Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sad day in Dykstraland

Andrew’s favorite toy, his beloved big yellow dump truck bit the dust.  I bought this truck for him at a garage sale early last summer and he’s loved it ever since.  Best $3 ever spent.  It’s been to Ohio countless times and even made the Iowa trip.  It’s been around our block more times than I can count.  He runs behind it day in and day out.  I even went out and bought some super glue thinking maybe I could fix it.  No such luck, so now, it’s bwoken.

So… we are in the market for a new dump truck.  It is a toy worth replacing.  But we don’t want just any dump truck.  We need a big sturdy one that can handle the weight of an almost 2.5yr old leaning against it running behind it full speed in his Spiderman shoes.   No, not just any dump truck.  We need another big yellow dump truck.  

I jump on Little Tikes website, the creator of his dear truck.  Um…  they no longer make THAT truck.   So I search all over online and pretty much find out they don’t sell it anymore.  So now where?  E-bay baby.   I found a couple, so I watching them, waiting to pounce on the best deal.    So hopefully soon we will be receiving a new to us big yellow dump truck that will live it’s final days at the hands of a precarious preschooler.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...