Saturday, August 25, 2007

Moo! Pass the corn.

Tonight's dinner was a flop. I had leftover shredded chicken and bacon that had been thawed and needed using. I thought I would get creative and make a Chicken Carbonara Calzone for dinner. I made the alfredo sauce and then homemade bread dough in the maker and pulled it all together. It looked great when it came out of the oven, but once we cut into it - it was way too soupy. It tasted fine and we still ate it, but most of it just got thrown away.

However, before we ate, Andrew was asking what we were having for dinner. I told him a calzone. He exclaimed, "I don't want COW food, I want big boy food."

1 comment:

Dana said...

It sounds like a yummy dinner! Too bad it didn't turn out like planned. I get so tired of trying to make dinners around here....I don't think I'm nearly as creative as you.....I would have NEVER thought that one up! Do you ever get tired of making dinners? Where do you get your ideas? I could definitely use some new material over here! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...