Wednesday, August 1, 2007

We Found Him!!

After library lap time today, we headed to Target for a few items before hitting the grocery store. It really was an in and out trip as we only needed a few things. As we were heading out we passed the toy aisle. Well... I had pretty much given up on my Mission Chick, only checking on the rare occasions that I think to. This happened to be one of those occasions, so we popped into the Hot Wheels row and started searching.

I did my typical rifle through the packages looking for either the name Chick or the green car, when Andrew starts saying, "Chick is right there." I quickly ask where and stop looking. He is pointing right in front and I still don't see it until he points two more times. And right there in front of me is Dinoco Blue Chick!


As far as I know - an even rarer CARS car. I snatch it up, we do a little dance in the aisle and keep looking. Guess what I find next! CHICK HICKS!! Right there waiting for me (can you tell this has become more of a mommy than Andrew quest ?)

Again, another little aisle dance and we kept looking. It was like the jackpot rifle. I found the Hudson Hornet! Another one I have never ever seen.


And that's not all - but that's all I allowed myself to buy. I also found the Dirt Track Lightning, Sarge, and Hydraulic Ramone. Again - three more that I had never seen before. Beside - if I bought them all now - what would I have to search for when I hit the toy aisles - now that my interest is back up.

For a split second, I actually thought that maybe we should not play with Chick Hicks and just keep him in his package since he was so hard to find. But what is the fun in that? Andrew loves these cars and he plays with them e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y.

Now - just because I have my obsession fun with finding these cars, does that means Andrew just gets to reap the benefits? Well, yes and no. He will get the cars to play with, but he will have to work for them. Andrew is a fairly obedient child in most areas except for staying in bed at nap/bed times. We've pleaded, bargained, swatted, bribed, etc... and yet it is a struggle every night for him to stay in bed. I swear he lays there in between ventures out just thinking up excuses why he needs to be out of bed. So - before nap today, he got to pick out one of the cars (he chose Hudson Horton) and if he stayed in bed he could open it when he woke up. And I didn't hear from him the whole nap time (which it why it is open). Great! However, he picked Chick Hicks for bedtime tonight and already lost it. So, he can try again for it tomorrow.


Wooda thunk what silliness could make my day.

2 comments:

Amie said...

Sounds like you got there just after a good shipment!

Rebecca H. said...

that's awesome! i'm glad your persistence paid off! maybe you can play with the cars during nap time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...