Thursday, August 23, 2007

Never Ending CoPays

Well, as I mentioned below - we have a lot of doctors appointments coming up. I'd thought I'd fill you in a bit (mostly Grandma and Papa's) just so you know we are not deathly sick or anything.

I had my appointment for my RLS this week and now I am currently on a trial of Mirapex - so my hubby is on the look out for any pathological gambling that I may start. It seems to be working alright - but no more or less than when I was taking half of Tylenol PM and stretching every night to 'control' my RLS before. But I am only on day 3 - so we'll see. Oh, and the doc. requested a bunch of lab work to rule out thyroid, kidney, liver problems etc... And those all look good - except for that I am anemic (which in turn could cause RLS). So I am also on high dose iron supplements (which make me nauseous as all get out). I go back to doc next Wednesday for a follow-up appt and we will decide then whether he will write a prescription for the Mirapex, just stick with iron for now, etc...

I also have a eye appointment coming up so that I can order more lenses since I just realized that I opened my last pair yesterday morning. I also have a dentist appointment next week where I will be bringing Andrew with me. Yes, he will have his first visit to the dentist. It won't be an official cleaning, but more of an intro for him. He'll get to watch me get mine cleaned, ride in the chair, they'll count his teeth, give him a toothbrush, etc... He is already talking about it excitedly. We also have an appointment with AJ soon for his tympanogram.

Speaking of health - something got Andrew today. Not sure what - but he just wasn't himself this morning. I couldn't get him to eat lunch at all. And after only a 30 minute nap he woke up with a high fever (my thermometer broke so I don't know how high - but we've done this enough now to know it was high). He was miserable with a high fever from there the rest of the night. Tylenol would bring it down a bit, but it would spike back up when the meds wore off. Finally at dinner time (of course) he puked a couple times (sorry) and after that seemed to feel a bit better. He is still warmer than he should be, but he's finally sleeping. My poor little man.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...