Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Place for Everything...

As I mentioned in a previous post, my mom, aunt, cousin and myself made purses/bags this weekend. I would love to say that I made mine, but since we were making 3 of them, it turned into more of a production line process than each person making their own. And if I must be completely truthful, the hardest parts were left to the more experienced sew-er... my mother, while I did more pinning and trimming and turning, etc...

Above: My son modeling the bags at his mother's request (sshh...don't tell his dad).
Below: The inside of the brown striped bag - pretty pink pockets.


Regardless, I love how they turned out. My aunt and mom both have the giraffe bags (my aunt originally made hers and we all loved it) and my cousin and I have the brown and pink striped bags. And they have lots of pockets! Nice big pockets!! It's almost more a messenger bag than a purse - which is exactly what I wanted. In fact, maybe now that I 'made' the first one with lots of help, I'll experiment trying to make another one in a different print all by myself. I mean, you can't have too many purses, right?!

2 comments:

Amie said...

They are gorgeous! I love brown and pink together.

Kelli said...

Thank you! I really really love mine (I think I am just proud of the fact that it's homemade). :) Thanks again - I love seeing all your homemade goodies and I'm jealous of your skill.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...