Thursday, August 7, 2008

Can I do spring cleaning in August?

Well, I got the boys to bed and I throw a few cookies in the oven to bake. I was all ready to watch me a little 'So You Think You Can Dance' finale. But no... the Lions have a preseason game that takes precedence. So they will be showing the season finale from 10:30 pm to 12:30am. Are you kidding me?!

Knowing how Fox News likes to also promote Fox Programming, it would totally not surprise me if during the 10 o'clock news they announce the winner (the live show is from 8-10pm) before they actually air it here in MI. Irritating. However, my disappointment is your great gain. Or at least a way to kill a minute of your time.

Now that we are back and out of the fog that was yesterday.... there is a lot to do. Our house is still in state of shock over the new floor. Granted the main floor looks great (save the missing closet doors, yet), but the rest of the house had paid the price. Add to that all our traveling and well... it's a little overwhelming. Baby steps, I guess.

Today was a beautiful day. Not so terribly sticky hot. We could open the windows and still stay comfortable. The downside is that our neighbor who also has their windows open can hear whenever one of my kids cries... as he told me today. The boys were able to play outside so I was able to get a lot of work done.

This evening after dinner, we ran a few errands then ended at the airport observation area. Getting there in perfect weather is tricky. It's always different there than it is everywhere else. So even though it felt really warm and comfortable at home, it was so windy it was almost too cold there. Or sometimes it's comfortable at home, but blazing hot there. It's a guessing game.

Anyway, we took a couple balls and Andrew ran around like a mad man, but AJ stayed close shivering. I found a towel in the car and turned him into a "baby burrito" so we could stay a little longer. It was a good day as far as air activity. Very exciting.

Tomorrow, Marc comes home. I can hardly wait. It will have been 11 days since we've seen him. We don't have much planned for this weekend, which is nice. We'll probably hang out with some friends one evening, church on Sunday,and just spend family time together.

Not an exciting post. Still getting back into the swing of things and dealing with an old computer. Bear with me and have a great night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...