Saturday, August 9, 2008

Grisham on my Mind.

I've been on a Grisham kick again. I just finished a couple of his books. Both improved from the Last Juror and reminded me why I like Grisham as an author.

The first was The King of Torts. "Nobody earns ten million dollars in six months, Clay,' " a friend warns. " `You might win it, steal it, or have it drop out of the sky, but nobody earns money like that. It's ridiculous and obscene".

The second was The Broker. "In his final hours in the Oval Office the outgoing President grants a controversial last minute pardon to Joel Backman, a notorious Washington power broker who has spent the last six years hidden away in a federal prison. "

I especially enjoy Grisham's little Author's Notes in the back of each book that allows him to take liberty with his fiction and usually says something along the lines of 'anything that seems remotely accurate in these books are purely accidental'.

1 comment:

iisamu said...

If you like Grisham, you might like "Total Control" by David Baldacci. It was recommended me to by a librarian, and I loved it. The rest of his books, not so much, but give it a try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...