Thursday, December 11, 2008

Before they were Left Behind

I've read almost all of the Left Behind Series. I say almost because up until recently, I thought I had read them all. However, as I was pulling pictures to post on this blog, I realize that two more books have come out that I have not read. Anyway, I read through Glorious Appearing and thought the series was complete. This past summer,though, I found two of the prequel books at the garage sale but never got around the reading them until recently.

The Rising was a little slow at first and it took me a few tries to get into it. It did pick up speed about halfway and I had trouble putting it down until I was finished. It's written in a way that even though it comes before the other books, I can see why it was written after them. It just sheds more light on the characters and why they are the way they are.

The Regime obviously picks up where the Rising left off. It seemed to be more in the writing style of the middle books in the series.... less character development and more action taking place.

And now I found out that there is yet a third book in the prequel that I will now need to put on hold at my library. I guess I'm just hoping to fill my reading time until the Twilight frenzy dies down and I can actually get my hands on a copy of that one. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read the first 8... I really need to re-read them and then finish up the series!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...