Sunday, December 21, 2008

Veered away from my usual material...

At the library the other day, I grabbed yet another Francine Rivers book (the first in a series that I apparently already started). However, while AJ was playing with the train table, I browsed the Junior section and picked up the first of the books, "A Series of Unfortunate Events: A Bad Beginning."

I have mixed emotions about it. On one hand it was a quick read and kept me interested; it only took about a day and a half of me sneaking it in here and there whenever I had a few minutes. However, as warned several times by the author, Lemony Snicket, it is not a happy book. And if you want to read a happy book, find a different book. Yet, I kept reading and kept hoping... but the author was true to his word.

I liked it enough that my guess is I will probably continue to read the series, but not back to back like I've read other series (there are 13 books right now). Since they are quick reads, they will probably be more filler books... when I am in-between books, or just need something quick to grab.

1 comment:

Amie said...

LOL...I know I always say this... but I read that book! I agree, they are quick reads, and it was not a "happy" story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...