Friday, December 29, 2006

I can't complain.

Now that I am not working, it's easy for me to lose track of what day it is. However, Marc had today off due to a floating holiday and it's felt like Saturday all day. I keep thinking I need to pull stuff together for church tomorrow.

We had a nice week. Nothing exceptionally exciting happened. Little grocery shopping, little house cleaning, little napping, little cooking... getting back into our little ol' schedules. The boys have had slight colds - nothing terrible. I think AJ is also teething - so couple that with a dripping nose and he's been happy only 90% of the time and not his usual 98%. He's not sleeping all that great, but what else is new? He did, however, figure out how to pull himself up onto things a couple times today and the look on his face said, "World Hunger? Global Warming? BRING IT ON!"

The boys aren't the only ones with maladies. I burnt my right thumb and index finger last night on what I found out was a non-microwavable mug (amazing what 30 seconds can do - and my milk was still cold). So I slept holding on to an ice pack last night. And y'know - a right handed person does an awful lot of things with their right thumb and index finger. Thankfully, the pain is now gone, the fingers are just cracked and crusty. Sorry for the lovely word picture. I also have a slight ailment on my leg. Not sure what yet and neither did my doc. (We layman thought it was bug bites that wouldn't go away - but doc said "no"). So I am on a couple meds for "just in case" scenerios. I just spent the last hour researching the meds before I would take them since I am still nursing AJ. Yes, I asked my doctor about it - but he wasn't real convincing and... well, I wanted to decide for myself. I am not thrilled about taking them. I guess I am supposed to find out what my "bites" are sometime next week-ish.

Tomorrow, I think we are going to try to get some projects done around the house and take our Christmas decor down. It will be nice to free up a little space. Especially now that Santa brought us large Christmas toys.

Ya' know. I was upstairs calming AJ just about an hour ago (Marc is up there now - I told you he wasn't sleeping well) and Andrew was in bed, not yet sleeping, and I was thinking. My life is pretty perfect. I've got two great kids, a terrific hubby, a supportive family and a warm home. Colds, burnt fingers, sleepless nights, itchy legs... BRING IT ON.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...